Women's Recovery Center at Magee-Womens, UPMC Hamot
The Women's Recovery Center at Magee-Womens, UPMC Hamot is an outpatient center for women with substance use disorders who are pregnant or who have children.
Our Mission at the Women's Recovery Center
Substance use disorders are treatable.
Our mission at the Women's Recovery Center is to support and care for women by:
- Providing medication-assisted treatment to prevent withdrawal. We can use this treatment during pregnancy as well.
- Helping reduce cravings from substance use disorders.
- Decreasing fetal exposure to opioids and other illicit substances.
- Engaging the mother as a leader in her recovery.
Services We Offer at the Women's Recovery Center
We offer the following services for pregnant women or women who struggle with substance use:
Who Qualifies for Care at the Women's Recovery Center?
Eligibility for care at the center depends on:
- Confirmed pregnancy or children in the home.
- Diagnosis of opioid use disorder.
- Program engagement and commitment to recovery.
Partners of the Women's Recovery Center
The center's health care team works closely
with our colleagues at the Women's Recovery Center at Magee-Womens Hospital of UPMC in Pittsburgh.
We also thank our partners who provide vital funding to the center:
Contact the Women's Recovery Center at Magee-Womens, UPMC Hamot
To learn more about the center, call 814-877-8676.