Student Internship Program
UPMC Horizon encourages health professions education through the use of student internships. Applications will be approved under the following conditions:
- The course of study from an education institution requires an internship for a specific period of time.
- A student expresses a desire to serve an internship.
In order to provide system wide coordination of these internships, it is the responsibility of the Education Department to receive and process student internship applications.
Each student applying for clinical/technical affiliation with UPMC Horizon will be required to:
- Complete a student internship application, orientation packet, hepatitis b statement, and HIPAA post test and submit it to the Education Department at least 10 BUSINESS days before the first day of the experience in accordance with hospital policy. Failure to turn in your paperwork at least 10 days prior to your start date could delay your internship.
- Submit a criminal background check at the time of application for an internship (competed through your local police department or on the web at https://epatch.state.pa.us/Home.jsp within the last 12 months)
- Provide evidence of two two-step tuberculosis screenings (PPD tests) obtained from your personal physician/school records. These screenings must be completed no earlier than three weeks prior to your start date.
- Completed orientation packet includes the post test from the orientation manual, signed general orientation validation checklist, and corporate compliance validation form.
The Education Department staff will consult the appropriate department manager or physician if needed prior to the arrival of the student to define the internship experience. After approval, the student agrees to accept the internship and is supervised by a physician and/or Department Manager, dependent upon the type and nature of the experience.
Please return all materials to:
110 N. Main St.
Greenville, PA 16125
If you prefer, you may FAX the application to (724) 589-6290. Please call (724) 589-6811 between the hours of 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. Monday, Wednesday, and Friday with questions.
If you would like to be considered for employment, please visit us at the UPMC Careers website.