Residency Compensation and Benefits
|Salary (annual, includes housing allowance)
|Outside education (publications and conferences)
OGME-2, OGME-3, OGME-4, OGME-5
|Salary (average, includes housing allowance)
Insurance and Vacation
- Health insurance (including dental and vision)
- Life insurance
- Malpractice insurance coverage and comprehensive liability protection for any malpractice incident arising out of a resident's participation in the educational program.
- 20 work days of paid time off
- Seven paid holidays:
- New Year's Day
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
- Up to 12 weeks of unpaid leave, in compliance with Family and Medical Leave Act guidelines.
Life and Work
- Free on-site parking
- Lab coats
- Resident Assistance Program
- Free email accounts and internet access
- Accounts to access CERNER offsite
- Verizon Wireless discount
Education and Travel
- Dues/licensure (AOA/ACOS/ACOFP/AAFP/POMA)
- Pay for COMLEX Step 3
- Travel reimbursement for local outside program assignments in excess of 25 miles from the hospital or residence, whichever is closest, at the current mileage reimbursement rate.
- Outside educational programs UPMC/conferences/courses or medical textbooks will be deducted from the resident education allowance. ATLS courses will be completed and covered by end of General Surgery PGY 1 year. The certification is valid for 4 years thereafter it will be the responsibility of the resident to maintain his/her own certification.