UPMC Horizon recognizes volunteers
FARRELL AND GREENVILLE, April 23, 2012– UPMC Horizon recently celebrated National Volunteer Week with its 12th annual Volunteer Services Recognition Celebration, which was held April 17 at The Corinthian in Sharon.
UPMC Horizon’s volunteers were recognized both by hours of service, which included all volunteers who started at the hospital after Dec. 31, 1998, and years of service, which included Greenville campus volunteers with a start date prior to Jan. 1, 1999.
Those recognized for hours of service included:
- 150 hours — Linda Burnett, Elvera DeMatteis, Ronalyn Eppinger, Joseph Gentile, Kathy Klimko, Bonnie Latcheran, Renee Matthews, Tom McAnallen, Rosie Paul, and Janice Sumner
- 1,000 hours — Ed Anderson, Peter Bucciarelli, Mary Ann DelFratte, Ralph Dorman, Georgia Hinkson, Gary King, Beverly Palermo, Tonny Russo, Darlene Shultz, Lillian Stowe, and Marie Whyte
- 2,000 hours — Stella Barrett, James Munnell, and Patricia Munnell
- 3,000 hours — Rebecca Fleming, Chuck Hoyt, and Gertrude Radonich
- 4,000 hours — Beth Dunham
- 10,000 hours — Mary Miletta
- 12,000 hours — Joseph Swartz
- 19,000 hours — Shirley Miller
- 26,000 hours — Sally Kaiser
Those recognized for years of service included:
- 15 years — Jean Fasnacht and Alma Reeves
- 20 years — Catherine Scibetta
- 25 years — Marion Cheuka
- 40 years — Judy Beuchat
- 45 years — Kay Ruhlman
In 2011, 225 adult and student volunteers contributed more than 30,000 hours of service to UPMC Horizon. Anyone interested in volunteering at UPMC Horizon should contact Joni Murray, manager of Education and Volunteer Services, at 724-983-7505, or apply online at UPMCHorizon.com.