Comprehensive Weight Loss Program at
Magee-Womens Hospital of UPMC
Is Your Weight Holding You Down?
You’re not alone, since almost 34 percent of adults in the United States are obese. If you are obese, you might be at a higher risk of medical problems, like heart disease, high blood pressure, diabetes, arthritis, and even some cancers. Losing weight can help reduce these risks. So, if you’re ready to lose weight, the Comprehensive Weight Loss Program at Magee-Womens Hospital of UPMC offers individualized plans to help you achieve your weight loss goals, and maintain your success in the long term.
What We Provide
- A complete evaluation by a physician, who will supervise your weight management, provide lifestyle counseling, and if appropriate for you, may prescribe weight loss medication
- One-on-one sessions
- Nutritional counseling with a registered dietitian, who will guide you along the path of healthy eating, focusing on the healthy plate method, self-monitoring, and simple meal preparation
- Meetings with a behavioral expert who will assist in developing strategies to overcome your personal barriers to weight loss
- After care and lifelong follow-up to prevent weight regain
Who We Can Assist
Our goal is to help our patients maintain long-term weight loss through healthy lifestyle choices. We will work with you based on your individual needs. We can assist patients needing to:
- Lose weight in preparation for joint replacement or cosmetic surgery
- Improve diabetes control
- Maintain weight loss after bariatric surgery
- Improve fertility and chances of conception
- Manage weight during pregnancy
- Lose weight after pregnancy
- Improve heart health
- Improve bladder control
- Lose weight and maintain weight loss for overall health improvement
- And much more
Medical weight loss is typically covered by most insurance plans. Please check with your insurance provider regarding these types of services.
Through a combination of nutrition, psychological support, fitness, and medical intervention, our multidisciplinary team of experts will work with you and with each other to provide the most comprehensive weight loss plan customized to your needs.
This team consists of physicians with special training in obesity medicine, bariatric surgeons, registered dietitians, lifestyle coaches, physician assistants, and skilled nurses.
Make an Appointment
To make an appointment, or for more information, please call 412-641-7694.