Urology at Magee
Magee-Womens Hospital of UPMC offers the women and men of our region convenient access to urologic surgical services. The University of Pittsburgh Physician Department of Urology, Magee Division, offers a wide variety of services covering but not limited to general urology, infertility, endourology, neuron-urology, erectile dysfunction, laparoscopic surgery, and vasectomy reversals.
By offering inpatient and outpatient consultations, our physicians are able to provide the full spectrum of urologic care. The program provides the women and men of our region convenient access to a full spectrum of bladder and pelvic services, as well as to our multi-specialty team of experts.
Reasons to See a Urologist
Referrals to a urologist are typically made through a patient’s primary care physician and are based on complaints of urinary tract symptoms.
Common problems include:
- Recurrent urinary tract infection (UTI)
- Prostate problems
- Infertility issues
- Urinary frequency or discomfort
- Blood in the urine
- Difficulty with sexual functions
- Pain with urination
Conditions We Treat
In a private, confidential setting, treatment is available for all of the following conditions:
- Bladder cancer, including treatment with cystectomy
- Erectile dysfunction and/or Peyronie’s disease
- Evaluation of blood in the urine (hematuria)
- Infertility and vasectomy reversal
- Kidney tumors
- Penile cancer
- Prostate enlargement or cancer
- Recurrent urinary tract infections (UTI)
- Stone disease
- Testis mass or cancer
- Urethral reconstruction
- Urinary diversion, both continent (neobladder) and non-continent (ileal conduit)
- Urinary fistulas
- Urinary strictures, of ureter or urethra
- Urologic reconstruction
- Urologic trauma
- Voiding problems, including incontinence, painful urination, and/or frequency
We are able to treat patients diagnosed with any of the above conditions here at Magee-Womens Hospital of UPMC because we are a center for regional and national urologic care. Our physicians serve as members of the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine who have also received subspecialty training from the finest programs from across the United States.
Robotic Assisted Surgery
Magee offers robotic assisted surgery and Dr. Michael Ost utilizes a dual-console da Vinci ® Surgical System for urologic procedures.
Under the direction of Thomas Jaffe, MD, Magee also offers comprehensive urologic services to women of all ages.