How to Apply for the UPMC McKeesport Internal Medicine Residency Program
We welcome all candidates to apply through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). Paper applications are not accepted.
All positions must be filled through the match (all in match program), i.e. no out of match positions.
Only completed applications are reviewed and include the following:
- ERAS common application form
- Personal statement
- Current curriculum vitae
- USMLE Steps 1 & 2 transcripts with scores of 85 or higher, first attempt
- USMLE clinical skills passed on first attempt
- COMLEX Level 1 transcript with a score of 450 or higher (osteopathic applicants)
- Medical school transcript
- Medical student performance evaluation
- Three letters of recommendation
- ECFMG status report (IMG applicants)
- Graduation from medical school within 2 – 3 years is desirable
International Medical Graduates
- U.S. clinical experience is desirable
- We sponsor J1 and H1 visas; USMLE step 3 must be successfully completed before December to be eligible for H-1 visa.