Cardiology at UPMC Heart and Vascular Institute at UPMC Mercy
UPMC Mercy offers high-tech diagnostic techniques, advanced invasive procedures, and state-of-the-art heart surgery. Emergency support is available 24/7, year-round, for patients experiencing heart problems. We also offer comprehensive outpatient cardiac and pulmonary rehabilitation services.
- Stress treadmill study
- Nuclear cardiology stress test (exercise and pharmacological)
- Transthoracic echocardiography
- Stress echocardiography
- Holter monitoring
- Tilt-table study
- Noninvasive vascular studies
- Cardiac catheterization
- Percutaneous coronary and peripheral vascular intervention
- Intracoronary thrombolytic therapy
- Intravascular ultrasound imaging
- Transesophageal echocardiography
Electrophysiology (heart arrhythmia) services
- Electrophysiology study
- Biventricular pacing for the treatment of advanced heart failure
- Permanent pacemaker implantation
- Internal cardiac defibrillator implantation
- Catheter ablation
- Coronary artery bypass grafting (CABG)
- Off-pump coronary artery bypass grafting (OPCABG)
- Peripheral vascular surgery
- Valve repair and replacement
- Vascular shunt
- Ventricular aneurysm repair
- Pneumonectomy, lobectomy, and wedge resection
- Extensive esophageal surgery
Cardiac Acute Care
UPMC Mercy’s cardiovascular intensive care and progressive care units offer specialized, around-the-clock, acute care for patients recovering from cardiac procedures and surgeries, from the most basic procedures to complex open heart surgeries.
Our highly trained team includes critical care doctors, nurses, and respiratory therapists. During your stay, you and your family will be supported by our care management team to help you prepare to return home and begin planning for outpatient cardiac rehabilitation.
Outpatient Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehabilitation
UPMC Mercy is part of the cardiac and pulmonary rehabilitation network of services offered by the UPMC Heart and Vascular Institute and UPMC Comprehensive Lung Center. Our services are offered at the conveniently located UPMC Mercy Outpatient Center at Green Tree, an all-new, state-of-the-art facility serving Pittsburgh’s South Hills.
Cardiac rehabilitation is a doctor-prescribed exercise program focused on helping you strengthen your heart and physical endurance. Our specialized team of cardiac care professionals will create an individual treatment plan to meet your specific needs and goals. They will work to ensure that you have the knowledge, tools, and support you need to recover quickly and develop a healthier lifestyle through exercise, nutritional counseling, smoking cessation, and the control of other risk factors.
Pulmonary rehabilitation is a doctor-prescribed exercise program for individuals with chronic lung disease. Through a combination of both education and exercise, our specialists will give you the support needed to develop a healthier lifestyle, increase your level of activity, and lessen your shortness of breath.
UPMC Mercy Outpatient Center at Green Tree
969 Greentree Road, Suite 310
Pittsburgh, PA 15220
Cardiac Rehabilitation Services
Pulmonary Rehabilitation Services
Hours: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday
8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Hours: Tuesday and Thursday
8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m