Women’s Health Services at UPMC Mercy
Every woman fulfills a number of roles in her life — from daughter, sister, and aunt, to wife, mother, godmother, grandmother, and even great-grandmother.
The health care needs of women require special attention. At UPMC Mercy, we provide comprehensive holistic health care services for women to address their unique health care needs in body, mind, and spirit at every stage of life.
UPMC Mercy offers gynecologic care that combines advanced diagnostic and treatment options with unparalleled service, compassion, and sensitivity. Comprehensive gynecologic services encompass a variety of inpatient and outpatient options including:
- Laser surgery
- Laparoscopic surgical expertise
- Endometriosis diagnosis and treatment
- Menopause diagnosis and treatment
- Collaboration with medical and surgical subspecialties
- Comprehensive women’s oncology services
Expectant mothers receive obstetric care that is sensitive to their needs at this very special time of life, and in a place that feels like home. UPMC Mercy’s experienced team of women’s health professionals, led by board-certified obstetricians-gynecologists , welcome more than 1,200 newborns to the world every year.
UPMC Mercy’s comprehensive obstetric services include:
- 24-hour staffing by experienced, board-certified obstetricians
- Private and spacious labor, delivery, and recovery suites (LDRs)
- Private labor, delivery, recovery, and postpartum suites (LDRPs)
- Caesarean birthing rooms with 24-hour staffing by experienced, board-certified anesthesiologists
- High-risk pregnancy care provided by physicians specializing in maternal-fetal medicine and neonatology
- Newborn nurseries easily accessible to postpartum rooms and suites
- Mother-infant nursing care to encourage early maternal bonding
- Certified lactation specialists to provide one-on-one breastfeeding support and education
- A Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit staffed by experienced, board-certified neonatologists, a neonatal nurse practitioner, and registered nurses with expertise in neonatal intensive care
- Maternal trauma expertise
- Educational programs for prenatal and postpartum needs, including Lamaze classes, sibling classes, breastfeeding classes, and CM-BBT (natural family planning) classes
UPMC Mercy also offers wellness and prevention education designed specifically to keep women physically, emotionally, and spiritually healthy.
For more information on women’s services at UPMC Mercy, contact UPMC Physician Referral at 1-800-533-UPMC (8762).