UPMC Northwest Radiologic Technology Program Requirements and Details
Please read the admission policy found in the hyperlink below.
(Final admission is contingent on a health physical, drug screening, and security clearance.)
Tuition is currently set at $5,000 a year.
- Non-refundable application fee of $50.
- Textbooks for the two years estimated at $900.
- Uniforms/shoes for the two years estimated at $300.
- Attendance at a registry review in the second year of training (cost is contingent on which review course the student selects).
- Criminal History and Child Abuse Clearance; cost estimated at $60.
(Tuition and costs are subject to change.)
A refund of 50 percent of paid tuition for the current year will be made if the student withdraws during the first three months of the current year.
No amount of paid tuition will be refunded following the end of the third month from the date of entry into the program.
A Certificate of Graduation is obtained after a student has:
- Successfully completed all didactic classes with a grade point average of 2.5 or better.
- Successfully completed clinical education with a grade point average of 2.5
- Accomplished the program’s goals and objectives.
- Completed all the mandatory and elective competencies on exams specified by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists®.
- Paid all fees owed for the program.
- Completed all time required by the program, including all make-up time.
- Attended a Review Course for the National Registry.
- Student and staff will have completed the Terminal Competency Form.
- A grade of 75% or better on the simulated registries given during the months of February through June.
For more program information, please review the Radiologic Technology Program brochure.