Teleconsult Center at UPMC Northwest
UPMC Teleconsult Centers are a new model of care, bringing specialty physicians close to home by utilizing state-of-the-art video conference technology.
When a specialist is not available in Seneca or Cranberry Township, the UPMC Teleconsult Center at UPMC Northwest brings the expert close to home, saving you the trouble of traveling to Pittsburgh.
How It Works
Using HIPAA-secure teleconferencing technology and dedicated on-site staff, the UPMC Teleconsult Center connects you directly to specialists in Pittsburgh.
You and the expert physician can see and hear each other during your consultation, and medical staff at your location can perform an exam and share their findings in real time with the expert physician.
Important Note: Please contact your doctor for a referral to the Teleconsult Center.
Specialties available at this location include:
- Cardiac Electrophysiology
- Colon and Rectal Surgery
- Surgical management of colon and rectal diseases
- Diabetes Management
- Endocrine Surgery
- Infectious Diseases
- Evaluation and consultation for patients recently discharged from the hospital with MRSA, C. difficile, wound infection, osteomyelitis, or Lyme disease
- Maternal-Fetal Medicine
- High-risk pregnancy: seizure disorders, clotting disorders, thyroid disease, chronic hypertension, and gestational diabetes
- Preconception or pregnancy counseling due to poor obstetrical history or medical problems
- Movement Disorders
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Evaluation, consultation, and pre- and post-operative care for cranial nerve disorders, neuro-oncology, and general neurosurgery
- Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition
- Expert in general clinical pediatric gastroenterology and a wide range of specialties, including reflux, chronic diarrhea, constipation, abdominal pain, irritable bowel syndrome, inflammatory bowel disease, Pancreatic disorders, and liver disease.
- Sleep Medicine
- Evaluation and consultation for sleep apnea, restless leg syndrome, snoring, and other sleep disorders as needed
- Post-stroke evaluation for possible interventional procedures, following vascular or neurologic consultation
- Vascular Disease
- Evaluation and consultation for endovascular surgical and nonsurgical interventions
- Voice Therapy
- Wound Healing
- Surgical and non-surgical evaluation and consultation for chronic wounds
- Other specialties as needed