Achieving Excellence in Workers' Compensation
This full-day conference will focus on both clinical and nonclinical aspects of the workers’ compensation arena. The morning will focus on hot topics in the clinical treatment of injuries and pain of the shoulder, knee, spine, foot, and ankle. The afternoon will focus on maximizing the effectiveness of your chosen care provider and an overall medical/legal perspective.
At the conclusion of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Understand certain elements of common work-related injuries of the foot and ankle, knee, shoulder, and spine
- Understand chronic use of opioid therapy in work-related conditions
- Understand how to maximize effectiveness of chosen providers
- Understand the current legal trends in workers’ compensation
Who Should Attend
This conference is intended for decision-makers and stakeholders involved in workers’ compensation issues, including case managers for workers’ compensation, human resources and safety professionals, claims adjusters, attorneys, primary care physicians, and other medical professionals with responsibility for workers’ compensation.
- Space is limited, so early registration is recommended.
- There is no registration fee.
- Conference includes complimentary continental breakfast and lunch.
- To Register:
- Visit the UPMC Classes and Events page.
- Under "Category," select "Community Events."
- Under "Sponsoring Hospital/Group," select "UPMC Passavant."
- Select "Workers' Compensation Event."