Stop Smoking Program at UPMC Passavant
Everyone knows smoking is bad for you. But, like any drug, kicking the habit isn't easy. It takes a lot of willpower and a lot of support.
Studies show that taking a smoking cessation class can double your chances for success.
Benefits of Quitting Smoking
There are many benefits to stop smoking, including:
- Decreased risk of heart attack within 24 hours.
- Decreased risk of stroke and cancer.
- Improved circulation to arms and legs (hands and feet become warmer).
- Decreases in coughing, sinus congestion, and shortness of breath.
- Improved skin color and decreased wrinkling.
- Improved senses of taste and smell.
- Increased energy and endurance.
- A sense of freedom from a bad habit.
- More free time.
- Cleaner house, car, clothes, and hair.
- Money saved.
- Improved pregnancy outcomes.
For more information about UPMC Passavant's Stop Smoking Program, call Sue Niggel, RN, program coordinator, at 412-748-6329.