About Your Stay
Prior to your study at the Sleep Center, we will call to preregister you.
- Contact your primary care physician or insurance provider to obtain any necessary approvals. Sleep studies are classified as outpatient procedures for your insurance company.
- On the day of your sleep study, you should not drink caffeine or alcohol, or nap after 1 p.m.
What You Should Bring
- Any medicines you currently take. We do not have access to medication at the Sleep Center.
- All toiletry items, such as:
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- A hair dryer/curling iron
- Razor and shaving cream
- Two-piece sleep apparel, such as:
- Shorts and a T-shirt
- A sweat suit
- A snack, if you wish to have one before bed
- A book, crossword puzzle, or magazines to help you relax before bed
What to Expect
We make your stay with us as “homelike” as possible.
- Each of our bedrooms is furnished with a double bed and bathroom.
- A shower is available.
- We provide towels, washcloths, pillows and blankets, but you're welcome to bring your own.
- We keep the room temperature at 68 to 70 degrees for proper operation of computerized equipment, so you may want to bring comfortable sleeping apparel.