Volunteering at UPMC Presbyterian or
By becoming a volunteer at UPMC Presbyterian or UPMC Montefiore, which is part of UPMC Presbyterian, you support UPMC Presbyterian’s mission of providing exemplary patient care, outstanding education of health care professionals, and advanced biomedical research. To volunteer at UPMC Presbyterian or UPMC Montefiore, complete the online application form.
Contact our Volunteer Services office at the address below:
- UPMC Presbyterian
Kaufmann Building, Suite 1210
3471 Fifth Ave.
Pittsburgh, PA 15213-2582
Frequently Asked Questions
Where Do I Fit In?
Volunteers make an important contribution to the health care team. There are many areas in UPMC’s medical-surgical facilities that rely on volunteers for assistance. They include patient care areas, such as nursing and physical therapy, as well as support areas such as Medical Staff Services. As a volunteer, you may be asked to perform any number of duties. You could assist with mailing services, serve as a receptionist, or provide support to patients and their families.
Why Should I Volunteer?
The reasons for volunteering are as diverse as volunteers themselves.
Some volunteers want to help others, some want career experience, and others benefit most from friendship. Whatever your special reason, there are additional benefits to volunteering. As a UPMC volunteer, you are welcome to participate in training programs.
Where Can I Volunteer?
During orientation, the Volunteer Coordinator will work with you to match your interests and schedule with the hospital's needs. As a volunteer, you may have the opportunity to assist in some of the hospital's busiest departments.
What Are the Requirements to Become a Volunteer?
- 18 years of age and older
- Attend mandatory orientation and submit required paperwork
- Have a valid Social Security Number
- Clear background check
- Positive attitude and willingness to help others
When and How Do I Become a Volunteer?
January through April
|December through January|
May through August
|April through May|
September through December
|August through September|
- Complete the online volunteer application form.
*It is imporant to select Presbyterian/Montefiore when you are applying in order to ensure your application is received by our office.
- Once your application is reviewed and accepted by the volunteer office, you will be invited to attend an orientation where hospital policies and volunteer requirements are discussed.
- Examples of the paperwork and processes the Volunteer Coordinator will send to you for orientation:
- 2 Personal References (Completed by any non-family members. We no longeraccept electronically submitted references.)
- ACT 34 Criminal Background Check (free of charge)
- CERTIPHI Background Check (free of charge)
- Any required paperwork sent by your Volunteer Coordinator
- Valid Photo I.D.
Prospective applicants (non-college students) that already have a specific assignment such as NODA, Eucharistic Minister, TRIO, Pet Therapy, etc., can be reviewed and processed at any time.
Please contact Volunteer Services with questions at 412-648-6105 or email@example.com.