Resources for Patients and Visitors at UPMC Shadyside
At UPMC Shadyside, it is important to us that you feel as prepared as possible before your appointment or procedure, or if you are visiting a loved one.
Our Patient and Visitor Resources website is meant to provide you with the information you need, no matter what your reason is for coming to UPMC Shadyside.
We provide information for patients that will help relieve the stress of getting ready for a trip to the hospital. We also provide guidance on what to expect while patients are at the hospital and what to do after their stay.
We also provide information for families and visitors, whose presence is essential to the healing process of our patients. We want them to feel as welcome as possible while they are visiting their loved ones, so we provide details on our services and amenities as well as help in finding a place to stay and how to get around the city.
Additional Resources for Patients and Visitors of UPMC Shadyside
Download and view these documents with helpful information about UPMC Shadyside.
- A Guide to Your Hospital Stay (PDF) - Important information for your hospital stay, including caregivers you will meet, services available to you as a patient, and your rights and responsibilities.
- UPMC Shadyside Visitor Information Guide (PDF) - Information about the hospital, neighborhood, and the city of Pittsburgh to help you feel more at home.
- Special diet menus will be provided depending on your care needs.
- A complete listing of the menu items available to you as a patient on a regular diet.
- UPMC Shadyside Campus Map (PDF) -
A snapshot of our campus to help you navigate through your visit.