School of Nursing (RN Program)
Graduation from an accredited high school or a general equivalency diploma is required. Applicants must complete algebra with a grade of C or better.
The school has a rolling admissions policy - that is, applicants may submit an application anytime throughout the year.
The nursing program begins every September.
For more information about the admission process email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that applications and references will not be accepted via email.
The Admission Process
Psychological Services Bureau Exam (PSB Test)
Preadmission testing must be completed before application is made. The PSB test is offered many times throughout the year. Pre-registration and payment are required two weeks prior to testing dates. Please refer to the PSB Preadmission Testing Registration Form above. A PSB testing score of at least 60% or better will be required on all four sections of the test: Math, Vocabulary, Reading Comprehension, and Natural Science.
SAT/ACT scores may be used in lieu of taking the PSB test if they have been taken within the past five years. Minimum scores that will be accepted for admission consideration are as follows:
- SAT scores of 480 in math and 480 in verbal
- ACT scores of English: 18, Math: 22, Reading: 21, Natural Science: 24
If the SAT/ACT criterion is met the application can be submitted.
- The application fee of $50 must submitted with the complete application packet. Prospective students are encouraged to file their applications as early as possible to ensure placement in the incoming class. Classes begin every September at the Blawnox campus and every September at the McKeesport campus.
The complete application packet consists of:
- The application
- $50 application fee
- Official high school transcripts in a sealed envelope from the high school
- Official college transcripts in a sealed envelope from the college
- Two (2) references each in a sealed envelope
- PSB test results if taken at any UPMC facility other than St. Margaret School of Nursing
Once a complete application packet has been received, the applicant's file will be reviewed by the Admissions Committee.