COPD Classes and Support Group
For men and women suffering from chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), UPMC St. Margaret offers education and support to make living with the disease more manageable for patients and their families. No registration fee required for the classes. Parking is free for all who attend.
All Classes Will Cover:
- Medications — prescription assistance and the correct way to use inhalers
- Nutrition — the importance of good nutrition, food and beverages to eat, and food and beverages to avoid
- Exercise and Energy Conservation — how to develop an exercise plan, exercises you can do anywhere, and ways to conserve energy
- Action Plan — explanation of an action plan and how to complete a COPD action plan that involves communication with your physician
- Support Group — at the end of each session a support group discussion will take place
2014 UPMC St. Margaret COPD Classes and Support Group Schedule:
- Wednesday, April 16, 2 to 3:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, May 21, 2 to 3:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, June 18, 2 to 3:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, July 16, 2 to 3:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, Aug. 20, 2 to 3:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, Sept. 17, 2 to 3:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, Oct. 15, 2 to 3:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, Nov. 19, 2 to 3:30 p.m.
All classes held at UPMC St. Margaret in Conference Room 3.