Orthopaedic Services at UPMC St. Margaret
UPMC St. Margaret has been a leader in orthopaedics for more than a half century.
Our excellence in orthopaedic specialty services draws patients from the tristate (Pennsylvania, Ohio, West Virginia) area and beyond.
Orthopaedic Specialty Services
Our orthopaedic surgeons specialize in:
- Foot and ankle surgery
- Hand surgery
- Minimally invasive total joint replacement (hip and knee)
- Spine surgery
- Sports medicine
Orthopaedic surgery firsts
Orthopaedic surgeons at UPMC St. Margaret were among the first in the region to implement:
- Minimally invasive total joint replacement
- Spinal disc replacement
- Repair of spinal fractures caused by osteoporosis
Excellence in Patient Care and Education
Complete continuum of patient care
At UPMC St. Margaret, our orthopaedic surgery patients benefit from the full continuum of care, including:
- Preoperative testing
- Inpatient and outpatient physical and occupational rehabilitation
- Care management and social work services
- Home care
Private rooms in a dedicated orthopaedics unit help our patients experience the ultimate in comfort and privacy.
After orthopaedic surgery, the multidisciplinary team at UPMC St. Margaret continues working with patients to promote a successful, long-term recovery.
Education for orthopaedic surgery patients
Patient education topics include:
- How to prepare for orthopaedic surgery
- What to expect as you plan for your hospital stay
- Possible complications
- Pain management
- Planning for your care following surgery
- Rehabilitation as you regain your freedom of movement