Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC Holds Groundbreaking Ceremony for New Location in South Fayette
WHAT: Groundbreaking ceremony for a new Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC site in South Fayette Township.
The new Children’s South, set to relocate from its current location in Bethel Park to South Fayette Township in the fall of 2014, will house Children’s outpatient, primary care and after-hours care. New and expanded services will include:
- Increased exam room space for expanded pediatric subspecialty care including adolescent medicine, allergy, cardiology, endocrinology, ENT, gastroenterology, neurology, orthopaedics, plastic surgery and pulmonary medicine.
- State-of-the-art pediatric-based radiology to include x-ray, fluoroscopy and ultrasound.
- Children’s Express Care South Fayette, an after-hours pediatric care center.
- 15,000-square-feet of open gym and exam room space for rehabilitation services to include speech, audiology, physical therapy and occupational therapy.
- Expansion of pediatric behavioral health services to include cognitive therapy and developmental testing.
- New expansion site for CCP–South Fayette, a primary care practice that is part of Children’s Community Pediatrics.
The new Children’s South is designed to resemble the hospital’s main campus in Lawrenceville — from an abundance of natural light to distraction therapy features for various age groups.
Built on 2.6 acres with 60,000-square-feet of usable space, the new Children’s South will expand the services available at Children’s South in Bethel Park and will broaden Children’s Hospital’s service area south of Pittsburgh.
- Christopher Gessner, President, Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC
- Rich Fitzgerald, Allegheny County Executive
- Deron Gabriel, President, Board of Commissioners, Township of South Fayette
- Ryan T. Eggleston, Township Manager, Township of South Fayette
WHEN: 10:15 a.m. to Noon, Tuesday, May 7
WHERE: 100 Hickory Grade Road, Bridgeville, PA 15017 (Located near the Bridgeville exit of I-79 – Exit 54; near State Route 50)
Note to Media: Digital and print renderings of the new Children’s South will be available. Parking will be available on-site. To cover this event, contact Andrea Kunicky at Andrea.Kunicky@chp.edu or 412-439-5264..