Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC Holds “Topping Out” Ceremony for New Location in South Fayette
: Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC
and Rycon Construction
will conduct a “Topping Out” ceremony at the new Children’s Hospital site in South Fayette Township. A steel beam will be painted white and signed by representatives from Children’s, South Fayette Township, and the project team. As part of a construction tradition, the beam will then be placed at the highest point of the steel structure.
The new Children’s South, set to relocate from its current location in Bethel Park to South Fayette Township in the fall of 2014, will house Children’s outpatient, primary care and after-hours care. New and expanded services will include:
- Increased exam room space for expanded pediatric subspecialty care, including adolescent medicine, allergy, cardiology, endocrinology, ENT, gastroenterology, neurology, orthopaedics, plastic surgery and pulmonary medicine.
- State-of-the-art, pediatric-based radiology to include x-ray, fluoroscopy and ultrasound.
- Children’s Express Care South Fayette, an after-hours pediatric care center.
- 15,000-square-feet of open gym and exam room space for rehabilitation services to include speech, audiology, physical therapy and occupational therapy.
- Expansion of pediatric behavioral health services to include cognitive therapy and developmental testing.
- New expansion site for CCP–South Fayette, a primary care practice that is part of Children’s Community Pediatrics.
Built on 2.6 acres with 60,000-square-feet of usable space, the new Children’s South will expand the services available at Children’s South in Bethel Park and will broaden Children’s Hospital’s service area south of Pittsburgh.
WHEN: 10 to 11:30 a.m., Friday, Sept. 20; 10 to 11 a.m. - signing of the beam; 11 a.m. - Rycon will raise the beam with a crane and place at highest point of building.
WHERE: 100 Hickory Grade Road, Bridgeville, Pa., 15017 (located near the Bridgeville exit of I-79 – Exit 54; near State Route 50)
Note to Media
: Parking will be available on-site. To cover this event, contact Marc Lukasiak at Marc.Lukasiak@chp.edu
or at 412-721-2120.