Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC Earns Top 10 Spot on U.S. News & World Report’s Honor Roll of Best Children’s Hospitals
The Best Children’s Hospitals rankings highlight the top 50 U.S. pediatric hospitals in each of 10 specialties: cancer, cardiology and heart surgery, diabetes and endocrinology, gastroenterology and GI surgery, neonatology, nephrology, neurology and neurosurgery, orthopedics, pulmonology, and urology.
Children’s ranked 3rd in diabetes and endocrinology, 6th in gastroenterology and GI surgery, and 6th in pulmonology.
“We are honored to receive national recognition such as this and be considered one of the best children’s hospitals in the country,” said Christopher Gessner, Children’s president. “The fact that we are ranked in all 10 specialties is indicative of the high level of expertise our physicians and staff have across a wide array of programs. Ultimately, this recognition is a testament to their dedication to the patients we serve and to our position as a global leader in pediatric health care.”
The 2013-14 Best Children’s Hospitals rankings are published online
today and also will be published in the U.S. News Best Hospitals 2014 guidebook, which will be available in August.
In addition to Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC, the nine hospitals named to U.S. News’ Honor Roll of Best Children’s Hospitals for 2013-14 are:
- Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia
- Boston Children’s Hospital
- Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center
- Texas Children’s Hospital, Houston
- Children’s Hospital Los Angeles
- St. Louis Children’s Hospital-Washington University
- Children’s Hospital Colorado, Aurora
- Ann and Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago
- Johns Hopkins Children’s Center, Baltimore