UPMC East Presents ‘Building Better Bones’ as part of Alive & Well Series
WHAT: Educational presentation about fall prevention, fracture treatment and osteoporosis management. Participants also can get a free bone density screening. Light refreshments will be served.
- Alan H. Klein, M.D., Orthopaedic Specialists–UPMC, will discuss falls leading to fractures, follow-up care and prevention. Learn about UPMC East’s Geriatric Fracture Program’s advanced treatments.
- Mark C. Gottron, D.O., Irwin Family Care, PC, will discuss proper nutrition, exercise and lifestyle tips to help properly manage your osteoporosis.
- Open to the public, though reservations are required
- To make a reservation, or for more information, call 412-357-3700
WHEN: Tuesday, Sept. 24
- 5:30 p.m. to 8 p.m., Bone Density Screening
- 6 to 6:45 p.m., Fall Prevention and Fracture Treatment
- 6:45 to 7:30 p.m., Osteoporosis Management
: UPMC East
, 2775 Mosside Blvd., Conference Center, Ground Level