UPMC, EMS Leaders to Discuss Medical Readiness for 2013 Dick’s Sporting Goods Pittsburgh Marathon
WHAT: Media briefing to discuss the medical team’s preparations for the Dick’s Sporting Goods Pittsburgh Marathon.
- Race Director Patrice Matamoros, Dick’s Sporting Goods Pittsburgh Marathon
- UPMC’s Ron Roth, M.D., longtime Pittsburgh Marathon medical director
- Chief Mark Bocian, City of Pittsburgh EMS
- UPMC’s Kathleen Nachazel, ATC, longtime medical operations director
- UPMC’s Aimee Kimball, Ph.D., on mental training for runners
WHEN: 10 a.m., Wednesday, May 1
WHY: Media will have an opportunity to videotape and interview the medical experts regarding their preparations to provide care for runners, spectators and more during the Marathon weekend races. The medical team brings together 350-plus health care professionals and volunteers from UPMC, city and county agencies, and more.
WHERE: UPMC Center for Sports Medicine, second-floor classroom, 3200 S. Water St., Pittsburgh, PA, 15203
Special Entrance Instructions:
- Please park as you would for any Steelers or Pitt football function – in the lot between the indoor facility and UPMC Center for Sports Medicine.
- Look for signage at a single, side door facing the parking lot, marking it as “Media Entrance.”
- Wait at that door for a UPMC Media Relations representative to escort you through the building.
Please contact Chuck Finder at 412-996-5852 if you have any questions or require other arrangements.