UPMC East Alive and Well Series Presents ‘Take Control of Your Blood Pressure’
WHAT: Educational session that will explore ways to control your blood pressure, provide low-sodium recipes, and offer blood pressure checks for participants. Parking is free and light refreshments will be served.
- Robert M. Denshaw, M.D., UPMC East nephrologist, will discuss the importance of blood pressure control in reducing the risk of heart attack, stroke and kidney failure. Participants also will learn about the latest non-pharmaceutical and pharmaceutical treatments for hypertension.
- Cindy Donovan, M.A., R.D.N., C.D.E., UPMC East diabetes educator and registered dietitian, will explore the Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension, also known as the “DASH” eating plan.
WHEN: 5:30 to 7:30 p.m., Tuesday, May 20
- 5:30 to 6 p.m., Free blood pressure screening
- 6 to 6:45 p.m., Dr. Denshaw’s discussion
- 6:45 to 7:30 p.m., Ms. Donovan’s presentation
WHERE: UPMC East
, Conference Center, Ground Level, 2775 Mosside Blvd., Monroeville, Pa., 15146
This event is open to the public, though reservations are required. To make a reservation or for more information, call 412-357-3700.