Pitt Dental School Alumni, Students, Faculty Raise Funds at Dean’s Scholarship Ball
WHAT: The University of Pittsburgh School of Dental Medicine’s 17th annual Dean’s Scholarship Ball
WHY: This black-tie event was initiated in 2001 to provide tuition support for deserving dental students and to recognize and celebrate the distinguished alumni of the School of Dental Medicine.
Alumni award recipients:
• COL Shan K. Bagby, D.M.D. (DMD ’93)
Dr. Bagby will be honored as Distinguished Alumnus Dental Medicine.
• Andrew Kwasny, D.M.D. (DMD ’83; MS Ortho ’85)
Dr. Kwasny will be honored as Distinguished Alumnus Advanced Education.
• Susan Ban (DH ’80)
Ms. Ban will be honored as Distinguished Alumna Dental Hygiene.
• Ellen F. Piehl, a graduate of the University of Oxford
• Kendra D. Rowey, a graduate of the University of Pittsburgh
• Patrick E. Donnelly, Ph.D., a graduate of Princeton University
• Pitt School of Dental Medicine faculty, staff, alumni and students
WHEN: Saturday, April 29
• 5:45 p.m., photo opportunity
• 6 p.m., cocktail reception
• 7 p.m., dinner
Sponsors of the 2017 Scholarship Ball include UPMC, Eastern Dentists Insurance Company, PNC, United Concordia and Nobel Biocare.
Note to Media:
To cover this event, prior arrangements must be made by contacting Madison Brunner at 412-647-3555 or BrunnerM@upmc.edu