Pitt Dental School Welcomes First-Year Students with Annual White Coat Ceremony
White coats will be presented by School of Dental Medicine leadership:
- Thomas W. Braun, D.M.D., M.S., Ph.D., distinguished service professor, dean
- Bernard J. Costello, D.M.D., M.D., professor, senior associate dean, associate dean for faculty affairs
- Christine Wankiiri-Hale, D.M.D., assistant professor, associate dean for student affairs
- Marnie Oakley, D.M.D., associate professor, associate dean for clinical affairs
- Angelina Riccelli, B.S., M.S., R.D.H., associate professor, director
WHY: The White Coat Ceremony marks the entry of first-year students into the dental profession. They are welcomed into the School of Dental Medicine family and receive their first white coats, signifying the beginning of their careers in dental medicine and dental hygiene.
Pitt will livestream
the ceremony, which is supported by the Harry K. Zohn, D.M.D., and Cecile A. Feldman, D.M.D., White Coat Endowment Fund, as well as contributions from alumni and friends.
WHO: University of Pittsburgh School of Dental Medicine faculty, alumni, students and their families.
WHEN: 3 p.m., Monday, Aug. 28
WHERE: Scaife Hall, Auditoriums 5 and 6, University of Pittsburgh, 3550 Terrace St., Pittsburgh, 15261. Reception to follow in the Salk Hall Pavilion Research Tower Atrium.
Note to Media: To cover this event, prior arrangements must be made by contacting Courtney Caprara at 412-592-8134.