UPMC/University of Pittsburgh Schools of the Health Sciences
Want to Make an Appointment or Need Patient Information?
Contact UPMC at
Go to Find a Doctor to search for a UPMC doctor.
Demos of Robots at Human Engineering Research Laboratories to Celebrate National Robotics Week
: The Human Engineering Research Laboratories
(HERL) of the University of Pittsburgh and VA Pittsburgh Healthcare System, and Innovation Works celebrate National Robotics Week with a tour of the lab for invited business leaders and technologists.
: HERL research scientist Dan Ding, Ph.D
., will lead the tour. She and her colleagues will demonstrate devices including:
- Personal Mobility and Manipulation Appliance (PerMMA) – a wheelchair with robotic arms
- Manus robotic arm work with object sensing and automatic fetching
- MeBot – a robotic wheelchair that senses and climbs curbs
- Strong Arm – a wheelchair attachment that uses robotics technology to lift people and heavy objects
- Cuing Kitchen – a fully functional kitchen that assists users with everyday tasks
- Kitchenbot – part of the Cuing Kitchen project, a robot that helps retrieve kitchen objects
- Virtual reality and video games for rehabilitation
WHEN: 8 to 10 a.m., Friday, April 12
WHERE: Bakery Square, 6425 Penn Avenue, Suite 400
This event is not open to the public. Reporters who would like to attend should contact Anita Srikameswaran at SrikamAV@upmc.edu or 412-578-9193 for more information