Pulitzer Prize-Winning Investigative Journalist Michael Moss to Keynote Pitt Public Health Event
: Michael Moss, New York Times reporter and author of “Salt Sugar Fat: How the Food Giants Hooked Us,” will deliver the keynote speech as recipient of the 2014 University of Pittsburgh Graduate School of Public Health
Porter Prize. Moss’ bestseller traces the rise of the processed food industry and its link to the obesity epidemic.
Pitt Public Health awards the Porter Prize
in recognition of an individual’s performance in health promotion and disease prevention. A panel discussion, “Healthy Lifestyle Choice: Combating Obesity,” will follow the keynote presentation.
- Michael Moss, best-selling author and investigative journalist
- Patricia L. Siger, United Way of Allegheny County, panel moderator
- Esa Davis, M.D., M.P.H., assistant professor, Department of Medicine and in the Clinical and Translational Science Institute, University of Pittsburgh
- Tamara Dubowitz, Senior Policy Researcher at the RAND Corporation
- Karen Hacker, M.D., M.P.H., Director, Allegheny County Health Department
WHEN: 1 p.m., Tuesday, April 8