Pitt Dental School Dean’s Scholarship Ball Raises Funds, Reunites Alumni, Students, Faculty
WHY: The black-tie fundraiser, which raises money to provide tuition support for qualified dental students, was initiated in 2001 and has raised $2.5 million in gifts and pledges since 2014.
Alumni Award Recipients
- Robert J. Weyant, M.S., D.M.D., Dr.P.H. – Distinguished Alumnus Dental Medicine
- Joseph A. Giovannitti, D.M.D. – Distinguished Alumnus Advanced Education
- Susan Holstein Michaylo, R.D.H. – Distinguished Alumna Dental Hygiene
- Adil Omar, a graduate of Cornell University
- Kendal Karpe, a graduate of the University of Virginia
WHEN: Saturday, April 11
- 6 p.m., Cocktail reception
- 7 p.m., Dinner
Sponsors of the 2015 Scholarship Ball include UPMC, Eastern Dentists Insurance Company, PNC, United Concordia and Pennsylvania Dental Association Insurance Services.
Note to Media: To cover event, contact Amy Charley at 412-586-9778 or CharleyA@upmc.edu.