Altoona Podiatrist Selected as Editorial Committee Member of Academy of Physicians in Wound Healing-Journal of Wound Care
Open to all prescribing physicians (M.D., D.O. and D.P. M.), the Academy of Physicians in Wound Healing
(APWH) is the first physician-specific organization in wound care that has been created to meet the needs of the physician in three subject areas: clinical and operations-focused education, compensation advocacy and legislative action on health care issues. The APWH is positioned to become a major resource to provide education so policymakers have an opportunity to make decisions that will allow the physician to deliver best care to reduce morbidity, increase the quality of life to patients, while reducing the overall costs of health care.
Dr. Penny’s appointment to the editorial committee requires him to:
• Publish one article per year
• Review four articles per year
• Write one editorial per year
• Promote the journal through their networks and memberships outside of the APWH
• Share contacts from commercial companies
• Develop commercial projects
• Have a strong academic background
• Attend one board meeting in the U.S.