UPMC and Pitt School of Pharmacy Host Drug Take-Back Day
and the University of Pittsburgh School of Pharmacy
have partnered with local security forces and the DEA
to host Drug Take-Back Day. Members of the general public are invited to anonymously turn in their unused or expired drugs for proper disposal. The events are free.
WHY: Abusive use of prescription pain killers and over the counter drugs has been on the rise in recent years. Consumption of unused or expired drugs could have negative consequences for people who take them and improper disposal can be harmful for the environment. Drug Take-Back Days are critical in preventing drug overdose, illicit drug use and water contamination.
WHEN & WHERE: Friday, Sept. 11, 2015
Except where noted below, all locations are open 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., and all medications must be in their original containers.
- Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC: Outpatient Pharmacy Lobby
- Falk Pharmacy: Falk Medical Building, 2nd Floor Lobby
- Forbes Pharmacy of WPIC: Oxford Building, 3501 Forbes Ave., 7th Floor
- Hillman Cancer Center: Ground Floor Atrium, 5115 Centre Ave., Shadyside
- Magee-Womens Hospital of UPMC: Main Lobby, 1st Floor
- University Pharmacy: Nordenberg Hall, 103 University Place, Oakland
(*Open from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Drugs will be accepted in original containers OR plastic bags at this location only.)
- UPMC East: Main Lobby
- UPMC Hamot: Women’s Hospital Lobby
- UPMC Mercy: Cafeteria, 2nd Floor
- UPMC Mercy South Side: Main Lobby
- UPMC McKeesport: Aging Institute Resource Room, 1-Crawford
- UPMC Passavant: Main Lobby, McCandless Campus
- UPMC Presbyterian: Prescription Shop, 1st Floor
- U.S. Steel Tower: MyHealth@Work, 12th Floor
(**Employee/building resident access only)