UPMC St. Margaret Urges Public to Know Blood Pressure Basics: Testing, Education, Diet, Lifestyle
WHAT: Free health screenings, presentations and cooking demonstrations will help to teach participants how to understand controlling, preventing and treating high blood pressure. The screenings will include:
- Blood pressure
- Blood sugar
- Pulse oximetry
- Cholesterol (LDL, HDL, triglycerides). **A 9-hour fast is recommended.
- Michael Curren, M.D., of the UPMC Heart and Vascular Institute at UPMC St. Margaret, will lead a conversation about high blood pressure—how to manage it and what lifestyle changes can help reduce your risk.
- Registered dieticians will provide cooking demo and pharmacists will conduct an “Ask the Pharmacist” session.
WHEN: Wednesday, March 25
- 9 to 10 a.m. – Free Screenings, Stroke Education and “Ask the Pharmacist”
- 10 to 10:30 a.m. – Cooking Demo
- 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. – Dr. Curren presentation
Reservations are required. To make a reservation, call 1-866-939-RSVP (7787). Participants will receive free parking and free hot breakfast.
WHERE: UPMC St. Margaret
, Conference Centers A, B and C, 815 Freeport Rd., Pittsburgh, PA 15215