UPMC Breaks Ground on New Outpatient Facility in Hampton
WHAT: Groundbreaking ceremony for a new UPMC Outpatient Center in Hampton Township. Set to open in September 2017, the center will offer primary care and after-hours care for children and adults, as well as comprehensive testing, imaging and rehabilitation.
WHY: Based on the “medical mall” concept in which a patient has convenient access within the community to a full range of outpatient services in one location, the UPMC Outpatient Center in Hampton will offer:
- Comprehensive primary care, women’s health and pediatric services.
- Children's Express Care - Hampton, offering after-hours and weekend care for minor pediatric illnesses and injuries.
- Adult weekday and weekend walk-in clinic to provide unfettered access to care, with no need for an appointment.
- Behavioral health care, diabetes education.
Imaging, laboratory testing services.
- Large open gym and exam room space for rehabilitation services including physical, occupational and speech therapy.
- Kathy Guatteri, vice president, Physician Practice Operations, Community Medicine Inc., UPMC
- Leslie Davis, executive vice president and chief operating officer, Health Services Division
- Victor Son, council president, Hampton Township
- Dave Patton, president, UPMC St. Margaret
- John Lagnese, M.D., president, Renaissance Family Practice
WHEN: 10:30 a.m., Tuesday, June 28
WHERE: 4480 Mt. Royal Boulevard, Allison Park, Pa., 15101