‘Healthy Brain, Healthy Heart:’ Leading Experts Offer Wellness Update
WHAT: UPMC physicians who are leaders in their fields will come together for a free seminar entitled “Healthy Brain, Healthy Heart.” Through presentations and panel discussions, experts will focus on topics such as nutrition, fitness and sleep and how they relate to brain and heart health.
WHY: To achieve better health, it is critical to separate fact from fiction. The “Healthy Brain, Healthy Heart” seminar will demonstrate proven ways to improve overall health.
This event is free and open to the public, but registration is required. RSVP to Pat Ambrose at AmbroseP@upmc.edu or 412-692-4622. Parking is free and healthy refreshments will be provided.
- Maxim D. Hammer, M.D., associate professor of neurology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine
- Joon Sup Lee, M.D., co-director, UPMC Heart and Vascular Institute
- Oscar L. Lopez, M.D., director, University of Pittsburgh Alzheimer’s Disease Research Center
- Alicia H. Puskar, Psy.D., neuropsychologist, UPMC Sports Medicine Concussion Program
- Bruce S. Rabin, M.D., Ph.D., medical director, UPMC Healthy Lifestyle Program
- David Schwartzman, M.D., professor of medical and clinical and translational research, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine
- Patrick J. Strollo, M.D., professor of medicine and clinical and translational science, University of Pittsburgh Division of Pulmonary, Allergy and Critical Care Medicine
- Matthew Starr, M.D., assistant professor of neurology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine
- Lawrence R. Wechsler, M.D., Henry B. Higman Professor and Chair, Department of Neurology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine
WHEN: 8 a.m. to 12 p.m., Saturday, April 9
WHERE: UPMC East, Conference Center, Ground Level, 2775 Mosside Blvd, Monroeville, Pa., 15146
Note to Media: To cover this event, prior arrangements must be made by contacting Courtney Caprara at 412-592-8134 or CapraraCL@upmc.edu.