UPMC and Pitt School of Pharmacy Host Drug Take-Back Days
Prescription, over-the-counter and non-prescription medications will be accepted. Needles, syringes, lancets, injectables and hazardous waste will not be accepted.
WHY: As the opioid epidemic continues, consumption of unused or expired drugs could have negative consequences for people who take them, and improper disposal can be harmful for the environment. Drug Take-Back Days are critical in preventing drug overdose, illicit drug use and water contamination.
WHEN & WHERE:
9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Thursday, Oct. 26
Medications can be returned in their original containers or in plastic bags. Please conceal your personal information on prescription containers.
10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Friday, Oct. 27
All medications must be returned in their original containers. Please conceal your personal information on prescription containers.
- Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC: Outpatient Pharmacy Lobby
- Falk Pharmacy: Falk Medical Building, 2nd Floor Lobby
- Forbes Pharmacy of WPIC: Oxford Building, 3501 Forbes Ave., 7th Floor
- UPMC Hillman Cancer Center: Ground Floor Atrium, 5115 Centre Ave., Shadyside
- Magee-Womens Hospital of UPMC: Main Lobby, 1st Floor
- UPMC East: Main Lobby
- UPMC Hamot: Women’s Hospital Lobby
- UPMC Mercy: Cafeteria, 2nd Floor
- UPMC Mercy South Side: Main Lobby
- UPMC McKeesport: 1st Floor Crawford Entrance
- UPMC Passavant: Main Lobby, McCandless Campus
- UPMC Presbyterian: Prescription Shop, 1st Floor
- U.S. Steel Tower: MyHealth@Work, 12th Floor (U.S. Steel Tower employees only)
- Forbes Tower: Main Lobby (Forbes Tower employees only)
- Sherwood Oaks: Main Lobby (Sherwood Oaks employees and residents only)