Full Liquid Diet
- Full liquid diets are frequently used as a middle step between clear liquids and solid foods.
- This diet meets calorie and protein needs for your body with liquids only.
- It is important to eat a variety of liquid foods.
- If you have lactose intolerance, try lactose treated milk such as Lactaid ® or Dairy Ease®
- High-protein, high-calorie supplements that are fortified with vitamins and minerals may be ordered by your dietitian or physician.
Foods Allowed on a Full Liquid Diet
- Coffee, tea, cream, carbonated beverages
- Fruit and vegetable juices
- Nutritional supplements (e.g. Boost®, Ensure®, etc.)
- Custard-style yogurt, pudding, custard
- Plain ice cream, sherbet, sorbet
- Whipped topping
Breads and Cereals
- Cream of wheat, cream of rice
- Coco Wheats®
- Pureed soups (may include pureed meats, pureed bland vegetable and pureed white potatoes)
- Tomato puree
- Salt, mild flavored seasonings
- Chocolate flavoring
- Gravy, margarine
- Sugar, syrup, jelly, honey
No other foods are allowed on this diet.