About Your Billing Statement
Following are the key elements of your Billing Statement along with a brief description of each.
- Patient’s Name: Your name (the patient) should appear in this box. Please notify us if your name is misspelled so we may correct the error. Please note that the statement will be addressed to the guarantor. This person is responsible for payment.
- List the patient’s primary and secondary insurance that UPMC has on record. If this information is not correct, please complete the form on the back of the statement.
- Installment Balance: This is the outstanding balance that remains on your installment or payment plan prior to you making a payment.
- Balance Due: This is the total amount due UPMC.
- Statement Date: This is the date that appears on the bill that was mailed to your attention.
- Account Number: This is your billing number. The account number is not your medical record number. The first nine digits of the account number remain the same throughout your patient history and the last four digits change with each visit.
- Service or Admit Date: This is the date that the service was provided.
- If you are paying by credit card, please complete this section. Provide credit card information as required and mail payment as directed.
- Make check payment to the hospital in which services were received. If you are not sure where services were rendered, please make your check payable to UPMC.
If you have any questions or concerns, please call our Customer Service Department at 412-432-5500 or toll-free 1-800-854-1745.