UPMC Hospital Financial Services
Patient Hospital Bills
UPMC Hospital Financial Services assists patients with all questions related to hospital bills. Business hours at the Hospital Financial Services office are 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Friday. To speak with a customer service associate, please call 412-432-5500 or toll-free 1-800-854-1745.
Reasons to Contact Customer Service
- For help understanding a billing statement
- To establish a payment plan for an outstanding balance
- To make a payment or discuss payment options
- To request an itemized statement
It is suggested that you discuss your coverage with your insurance carrier before seeking treatment. Please confirm the extent of your medical insurance coverage and find out if your insurance is accepted at UPMC facilities.
- UPMC accepts personal checks and most major credit cards, including MasterCard, Visa, American Express, and Discover. When mailing in a payment, complete the information that is required on the remittance stub located at the bottom of your statement.
- You may pay your bill online.
- If you are unable to pay your entire balance at one time, you may request to set up a payment plan. For more information, please contact Customer Service at 412-432-5500 or toll-free at 1-800-854-1745.
Patient Financial Services Center
UPMC Patient Financial Services Center was created to assist uninsured and underinsured individuals to explore the options to pay for services that are urgently needed and medically necessary.
For information regarding Medical Assistance or UPMC’s Financial Assistance Program, please call 1-800-371-8359, send an email to PatientFinancialServicesCenter@upmc.edu or visit our Financial Assistance website.