If you have a question about your bill, your payment options, or applying for or receiving financial assistance, you should contact us.
Below you will see a few options. Depending on your own situation, one option may be better for you.
Price Estimates and Applying for Assistance
UPMC’s Patient Financial Services Center can help you with your financial needs.
The Center can help you with the following things:
- Apply for governmental assistance, like Medical Assistance (MA) programs
- Set up a payment plan
- Price Estimates
- Review the Financial Assistance program and whether or not you may qualify
- Pay for urgent, medically necessary services for those who do not have insurance or are underinsured
- Apply for health insurance through the Health Insurance Marketplace
To talk to one of our specialists, please call or email us. We’re available Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. You can make an appointment, or stop by the Center for help.
Contact the Patient Financial Services Center
Payment Plans and Other Billing Support
UPMC Hospital Financial Services assists patients with all questions related to hospital bills. Business hours at the Hospital Financial Services office are 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Friday. To speak with a customer service associate, please call 412-864-0284 or toll-free 1-844-591-5949.
Reasons to Contact Customer Service
- To understand a billing statement
- To set up a payment plan for an outstanding balance
- To make a payment or talk about your payment options
- To request an itemized statement
Pay Your Health Plan Bill
For questions about your UPMC Health Plan bill, please contact Member Services at 1-888-876-2756 or TTY 1-800-361-2629.
- Monday - Friday: 7 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Saturday: 8 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Financial Help While You're in the Hospital
A staff member may come to your room, if you are a self-pay patient. This staff member can:
- Help you fill out Medical Assistance application
- Refer you to Financial Assistance.
- Help you figure out next steps if you do not meet Financial Assistance criteria
- Request a payment estimate
If you have questions during your hospital stay, please ask your case manager.
Live Chat through MyUPMC
UPMC hospital and most physician statements are available to be viewed and paid from the "eStatement" section under the Billing tab of your MyUPMC account.
If you have questions about your MyUPMC account or bill, you can live chat with customer service once you are logged into your MyUPMC account. You can also view a list of MyUPMC Frequently Asked Questions.