Genesis® Treatments for Aging Skin
Genesis primarily treats skin conditions associated with aging, such as:
UPMC's Cosmetic Surgery and Skin Health Center offers two types of Genesis technologies:
- Laser treatments for the face and neck
- Solar treatments for areas that receive the most sun exposure, such as the face, chest, shoulders, and arms
Both procedures may require multiple treatments to achieve optimal results.
- This noninvasive laser technology gently heats the upper dermis (below the skin’s surface) to stimulate collagen growth and leave your skin vibrant and healthy-looking.
- Heat is generated in dilated capillaries to reduce redness.
- Treatment takes 30 minutes, during which you will feel a gentle warming of your skin.
- The number of treatments required will vary depending on the severity of the condition, but on average patients need about three to six treatments.
We have had success using this laser “off-label” from the primary FDA approval for the reduction in the severity of Raynaud’s phenomenon in certain patients. Please specify that you have this condition so that you are properly scheduled for a consultation.*
*Use of FDA-approved treatments for purposes other than those specified by the manufacturer is pemitted when scientific evidence supports the off-label use.
Laser Genesis® is a registered trademark of Cutera, Inc.