UPMC Swallowing Disorders Center
At the UPMC Swallowing Disorders Center, a team of doctors and speech-language pathologists focuses their expertise on diagnosing and treating swallowing problems.
Our goals are to:
- Find the precise cause of your swallowing problem.
- Restore swallowing function as close to normal as possible.
- Improve your nutrition and quality of life.
- Increase our knowledge of swallowing disorders through research.
Our Services and Programs for Swallowing Disorders
The UPMC Swallowing Disorders Center offers an array of special services and treatment programs, including:
- Diagnostic tests
- Head and neck cancer rehab
- Strengthening exercise programs
- Biofeedback treatment
- Breathing retraining
- Educational resources for patients, family members, and health care professionals
- Custom treatment programs for swallowing problems brought on by nervous system diseases such as:
- ALS (amyotrophic lateral sclerosis or Lou Gehrig's disease)
- Multiple sclerosis
- Parkinson’s disease
- Myasthenia gravis
Make an Appointment at the Swallowing Disorders Center
To make an appointment or learn more about our services, call 412-647-6461 or email the UPMC Swallowing Disorders Center.
Learn what to expect at your first visit to the Swallowing Disorders Center.
Learn More About Swallowing Disorders
See our Swallowing Disorders and Nutrition FAQ or find more below (links will open a new browser window):