Scheduling your appointment
You can make an appointment at any of our UPMC Eye Center locations by calling the patient scheduling line at 412-647-2200 or by clicking here to complete the request an appointment form.
Preparing for your appointment
For your first visit, we recommend that you arrive at least 15 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment in order to complete the necessary registration forms. At your first visit, please have the following
- Personal medical history, including any drug allergies
- Family history of medical problems
- Complete list of the types of medications – prescriptions, over-the-counter drugs, vitamins and supplements and herbal medications – you are currently taking, including dosage and frequency
- Name and telephone number of your pharmacy
- Name of referring physician and primary care physician (if applicable)
- Your insurance identification card, co-pay and any specific paperwork that is required by your insurance carrier
- If you have undergone prior testing for any eye disease, you may be asked to bring a copy of your test reports
Test results and prescriptions
Test results – Your doctor will contact you in the event of an abnormal result. If your test results are normal, you will not be contacted. However, if you want to know the results, you can
call us at 412-647-2200.
Prescriptions – When you see your physician, ask for enough prescription refills to last until your next appointment. If you do run out of refills, call the office during regular business hours to request a refill. We’ll need to know the name of your medication, the dosage, how often you take it, your doctor’s name, your health insurance information, and your pharmacy’s name and telephone number.
Insurance or payment questions – We accept most major medical insurances. All co-pays will be collected on the day of service. For any services that are not covered by your insurer, payment is also expected at the time of service. Please call us if you have any additional questions.