Specialty Centers and Programs at the Heart and Vascular Institute
As leaders in cardiovascular care, the experts of the UPMC Heart and Vascular Institute provide a complete spectrum of treatment options through our many condition-specific centers and programs.
» Request an appointment at the UPMC Heart and Vascular Institute.
Centers and Programs
Treatments and Services
|Advanced Heart Failure Center
- The latest treatments for congestive heart failure.
- Evaluations and referrals for heart transplantation or heart-assist devices.
- Heart disease management services.
|Artificial Heart Program
- Surgery to implant ventricular-assist devices (VAD).
- Exciting therapies that have lead some patients’ hearts to heal.
|Cardiovascular Genetics Center
- Testing and treatments for people with inherited cardiovascular diseases.
- Genetic counseling.
- Risk assessment and management.
|Center for Atrial Fibrillation
- National expertise in current, state-of-the-art atrial fibrillation treatments.
- Committed to both excellence in patient care and leadership in patient education.
- Novel minimally invasive procedures.
|Center for Mitral Valve Disease
- Minimally invasive surgical mitral valve repair.
- Catheter-based intervention.
|Center for Thoracic Aortic Disease
- Disease management and treatment strategies for complex thoracic aortic diseases.
- Sophisticated diagnostic technology.
- Minimally invasive procedures.
|Congenital Heart Disease Center
- Maternal-perinatal care and genetic counseling.
- Adult congenital cardiothoracic surgery.
- Transitioning from pediatric to adult congenital cardiology care.
|Heart Transplant Program
- Therapeutic and surgical treatments, including transplantation and heart-assist devices.
- Breakthrough anti-rejection therapies.
|Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Center
- Coordinated, state-of-the-art evaluations and treatments.
- Advanced cardiac imaging.
- Disease management and cardiovascular genetics.
|Limb Preservation Center
- Wound treatment and prevention plans.
- Promising clinical trials.
- Telemedicine options for qualified home-bound patients.
- Minimally invasive techniques for vein (venous) disease.
- Specialized treatments for varicose and spider veins.
|Women's Heart Program
- Evaluations and treatments tailored to a woman’s unique cardiac needs.
- Cutting-edge nonsurgical and surgical treatment options.
- Heart disease risk assessment and management.