UPMC Hospice Services
UPMC at Home hospice services provide expert, compassionate care while managing end-of-life.
We tailor our hospice services to each person's needs and wishes.
What is Hospice Care?
Hospice is not about dying. It's about helping the patient who no longer benefits from curative treatment to live life to its fullest until death.
Hospice treats the whole person, not just the disease.
It involves a team approach to:
- Emotional and spiritual support
- Expert medical care
- Pain management
UPMC Home Hospice Services
Hospice care services include:
- Bereavement outreach for all age groups
- On-call support
- Pain control
- Personal care
- Short-term care in a facility
- Symptom management
- Visits by the hospice team
- Volunteer presence for companionship and respite
Our team provides care where the patient resides:
- Inpatient hospice units
- Skilled nursing or assisted living facilities
We also offer caregiver training to assist the family in also providing care.
The Hospice Care Team
Hospice care keeps the patient comfortable and involves a dedicated team of:
- Home health aides
- Social workers
- Spiritual care counselors and volunteers
UPMC is a national leader in hospice care.
Let us provide you with the support you need to give you and your loved ones the gift of quality time.