Neuroendocrine Cancer Treatment Options
The Neuroendocrine Cancer Treatment Center provides comprehensive treatment services for patients with neuroendocrine cancer, including innovative therapies that are not available at other institutions.
In addition, UPMC offers the most current minimally invasive surgical procedures that can result in less pain and scarring, fewer complications, and a quicker recovery than traditional surgical techniques.
Available treatments at the UPMC Neuroendocrine Cancer Treatment Center include:
- Chemoembolization — A procedure that isolates the tumor and drugs are administered directly
- Drug therapy — Your physician will monitor a specific drug treatment program for you.
- Nutritional modification — You may be prescribed dietary guidelines as a treatment option.
- Radiofrequency ablation — The use of radiofrequency waves increases the temperature within the tumor tissue, breaking down the tumor.
- Laparoscopic and open surgery
- Chemotherapy — The use of chemicals to attack the tumor
- Radiation therapy — The medical use of radiation to control malignant tumor cells
- Palliative therapy — A form of advanced treatment options that concentrates on relieving patient suffering
If you are interested in hearing more about available neuroendocrine cancer treatment options, contact the UPMC Neuroendocrine Cancer Treatment Center today.