The orthopaedic surgeons of Orthopaedic Specialists – UPMC consider it a privilege to treat employees who are injured in the workplace. We believe that returning individuals to the workplace after an injury helps restore quality in all areas of life.
States We Accept For Workers' Compensation
- We accept Pennsylvania, West Virginia, and Ohio workers' compensation as well as other states on a case by case basis.
- We welcome being placed on employer panels for Pennsylvania workers' compensation. All of our orthopaedic physicians are Bureau of Workers’ Compensation-certified with the state of Ohio.
- We participate in a number of provider networks accessed by West Virginia insurance carriers and third party administrators.
How Orthopaedic Specialists Can Assist With Your Workers' Compensation Program
- Our Workers' Compensation Specialist coordinates communication with the patient, employer, insurance company, and case managers as applicable. This means you have a single point of contact for all of your workers' compensation concerns.
- We offer timely appointments for acute work related injuries.
- Our team consists of eight highly qualified and experienced orthopaedic surgeons with various subspecialties including hand and upper extremity, foot and ankle, and spine.
- We have 10 convenient office locations in the tri-state area.
- Our physicians have an understanding of the workers' compensation laws. Our commitment to workers' compensation is demonstrated by our organizing of an annual conference to bring the medical and legal workers' compensation communities together for the purpose of continuing education in this field.
- We recognize the importance of accurate and prompt communication between the orthopaedic practice, injured worker, insurance carrier, and employer.
- We understand the urgency of getting injured workers scheduled and promptly evaluated.
- After each appointment, a fax with the Work Status Update that includes diagnosis, work status, treatment and follow up information is sent to the designated contact person at the employer, insurance carrier, or case management company.
- Our practice works with diagnostic, physical therapy and durable medical equipment networks, based on the insurance carrier's preference.
- Our physicians welcome case manager appointments and value their assistance with treating our patients.
- You will designate a contact person(s) who will receive a Work Status Update form within 24 hours of the office visit.
For information, please contact Kellly Burns, MEd, CRC, LPC; Workers' Compensation Specialist, directly at 412-863-4984 or e-mail email@example.com or fax requests to 412-863-4982.
If you would like to schedule an appointment with any of our orthopaedic specialists, call 877-471-0935.