About the UPMC Palliative and Supportive Institute
The UPMC Palliative and Supportive Institute is a centrally managed network of professionals who provide resources to improve the quality of life for patients with serious or life-limiting illnesses.
The doctors, nurses, and other professionals from our institute collaborate with caregivers and their patients throughout UPMC’s:
We all work together to provide comfort to patients, families, and caregivers when they need it most, in ways that support the patient's goals.
Our Mission and Vision
The mission of the UPMC Palliative and Supportive Institute is to:
- Ensure high quality, coordinated care for patients with serious illnesses.
- Increase palliative care capacity and expertise across the UPMC continuum of care.
- Provide access to consistent education, training, and technical assistance for health care professionals who care for people with serious illness.
The institute’s vision is to promote enhanced quality of life, for all patients and families living with the burden of serious illness, through:
- Attentive symptom management
- Our commitment to care that focuses the patient's and family’s values