University of Pittsburgh Section of Palliative Care and Medical Ethics
About The Section
The University of Pittsburgh Section of Palliative Care and Medical Ethics was established to improve the quality of life of patients suffering from serious or life-limiting illnesses.
The Section provides comprehensive, coordinated services to patients and their families, with emphasis on:
- Relief from pain and other disturbing symptoms
- Integration of physical, psychological, and spiritual aspects of patient care
- Development of a support system to help patients live as actively as possible
- Assisting family members during a loved one's illness and in bereavement
- Developing treatment and discharge plans for seriously ill patients
- Discussing end-of-life issue
For more information about the Section of Palliative Care and Medical Ethics, please call 412-692-4834.