Primary Care at UPMC
When you choose a UPMC primary care physician (PCP), you can establish a lasting relationship that can benefit you through a lifetime. Our doctors provide wellness services and treatment for medical conditions that range from common to complex.
UPMC Primary Care includes:
- Family Medicine – physicians who treat patients, from a young age to seniors. Family medicine doctors may have training in a number of medical disciplines.
- Internal Medicine – physicians who usually treat adult patients and diagnose and treat diseases in adults without surgery. Internal medicine doctors have subspecialties in specific areas or age groups.
Having a UPMC primary care physician can provide you with access to:
- Family medicine or internal medicine doctors
- A long-term relationship with your personal doctor
- Hundreds of convenient office locations
- UPMC's network of clinical experts and specialists, quality resources, and state-of-the-art facilities
- A doctor who gets to know you, your lifestyle, and family history
- Secure online health care records
- Screenings, vaccinations, and physical examinations
- Blood pressure and/or blood sugar checks, and/or cholesterol monirtoring